Saturday, April 27, 2013

Writing Topic Grid Sheets

Happy Friday, all!  First off, I can't believe I can finally say this, but we are DONE with state testing...woo hoo!  The kiddos have been such troopers, and I have to admit, even I'm glad to be putting my feet up :)

In any case, this is the time of year that I start my *tweaking* for next year.  Crazy?  Maybe, but I always feel like if I start now, all of the things that worked well or need fixing are fresh in my head!  One thing I've used this year that I've LOVED (read: will be using next year) are my Writing Topic Grid Sheets.

Like so many of you, I'm a big believer in daily writing.  But I was finding that assigning a daily writing journal prompt that the whole class had to respond to was totally stifling their creativity...to the point of boredom.  And as we all know, CHOICE is a huge motivator when it comes to students.  Hmmm...that's when I made these grids.  It's a month's worth of writing prompts, but the students choose the topic they respond to each day.  When they've used a prompt, they cross it off.

And as mentioned before, some of my *tweaking* involves giving these bad boys a facelift...you can grab my grid for the month of May over at my store! 


All of the monthly grids will be available next week, with a special year long bundle deal...yay!

Time to sign off...have a great weekend all!



2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found you through Currently, although the link seems to connect me with this post and I can't find your Currently post. In any case, I think your writing topic grid sheets are a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just the sweetest! Thanks, Peanut! I actually just finished uploading my "Currenty"...whoops :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete