Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy Friday! Math, math, math...


Hello, friends!  Happy Friday...I hope you all had a great week.  And it's been quite a week at that!  Our first month of summer vacation is coming to a close here, and my colleagues and I spent it in Math Workshop...my brain is overflowing with LOTS of new information!

We were informed this week that our state (NY) is continuing to grow with the Common Core standards by utilizing modules.  Now, we've already had them in place for our ELA standards, and this year, we're receiving a new curriculum for math called The Story of Units.  Something about getting new curriculum makes me giddy inside, hehe...or is it just me?!  I'm SURE I'll be posting a TON more about all this new curriculum has for us...but in the meantime, I wanted to share my amazing finds for the week!

I started scoping out the stores weeks ago for some awesome back-to-school supplies.  And now, it's shopping time!  And where else would a teacher start?!  TARGET DOLLAR BINS!!  Check out the neat-o things I scored for only $1-$3:
I got these bad boy Math Bingo games for only $1...ONE DOLLAR!!!!  I grabbed 5 of them (let's be honest, I tried to leave some for the rest of ya'll).  The best part is they can be used to practice all 4 math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).


Next, these Presidential flash cards are NOT math related (obvi, hehe), but I'm going to be putting them in my Brain Boxes (more on those, later!).  And again, these were only $1!!




I'm already BURSTING with ideas on the task cards I can make to go with these.  These were a little more pricey at $3 a package (still...I'll take it!) and I like having smaller, more personal sets for the kiddos.
Lastly, again, NOT math related, but these $1 mini dictionaries and thesauruses are going to be perfect for my Writing Center, and for all of the Word Activities I have planned for this year!

So, there ya have it...my shopping confessional for the week!  I'm sure there's much more to come over the next few weeks, but I have to pace myself :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment